Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Thanks to Barbara - a kindred spirit!



 I need to thank the wonderful Barbara Gruener for her insightful review of The Giant King that she posted on Fourth and Ten Blog.

Barbara is a counselor and a character coach who works in Texas at a National School of Character, and like me, she is PASSIONATE about the power of stories! One of her blogs, The Corner on Character 
showcases people and experiences that make the world a better place - what a great way to teach children (and their parents) to look for the good in those they meet, and to discover what Elizabeth Barrett Browning said, "all of earth is crammed with Heaven."  That's what I love about writing for children - I get to  rummage around my day, looking  for that little piece of Heaven that I can write about!  And, it seems to me that Barbara is doing the same thing!

Thank you, Barbara, for all you do to encourage teachers and children how to find the "King" in one another and how to live Ghandi's words - "BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD."



"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop


 And as if Barbara and I did not have enough in common, I have just found out that like me, she too is.....
A KNITTER!  (more on that later!)



No comments:

Post a Comment